In an upcoming build of Shadowlands, several changes have been made for both of the DPS Shaman specializations.One quick note before discussing the specific changes to each spec, Totem der Verbrennung
is being removed as a baseline button to all Schamane
. Totem der Verbrennung
was brought back in Battle for Azeroth with the intention of Totem
s being a cool and iconic part of the Schamane
class, but without significant redesign to the button to give it mechanical interaction and feeling impactful to press, it wound up feeling like just another cooldown you had to manage that didn't have any excitement behind it.Elemental Shaman:
The changes above should make Elemental Shaman feel quite a bit more control over what will happen as the result of pressing their abilities.Enhancement Shaman Core Ability Changes:
Enhancement Shaman Talent Changes:
- Felsbeißer has been removed from the spec.
** This is a big change we're trying out. Felsbeißer in Schattenlande basically only serves as a GCD filler. With the removal of Mahlstrom, and Flammenschock and Frostschock becoming class-wide abilities that are also on a short cooldown to fill empty spots, there was a lot of competition in the ~6 sec cooldown space of available buttons. Without Maelstrom, Rockbiter didn't have any strong interaction with the rest of the Enhancement toolkit, and shock spells are much more iconic to Schamane. This is an experimental change, please try things out in combination with the changes below and let us know how things feel.
- Lavapeitsche is now learned at level 11, down from level 22. Basis cooldown increased to 18 sec (was 12 sec)
- Lavapeitsche now gets upgraded at level 22 to have its cooldown reduced to 12 sec (was 18 sec)
- Sturmschlag's cooldown has been reduced to 7.5 sec (was 9 sec)
- Maximum Maelstrom Weapon stacks have been increased from 5 to 10.
- Each stack of Waffe des Mahlstroms now grants increased damage and/or healing to the abilities Waffe des Mahlstroms effects in addition to the cast time reduction.
- Abilities that are altered by Waffe des Mahlstroms have had their baseline damage or healing values reduced.
- Sturmbringer no longer causes your next Stormstrike to not incur a cooldown.
- s now grants one stack of Waffe des Mahlstroms immediately when pressed, and an additional 5 stacks over the duration of s.
- Each target that you hit with Kettenblitzschlag now both increases the damage of, and reduces the cooldown of your next Tobende Blitze.
- Totem des Windzorns radius increased from 12 to 30 yards.
- Waffe des Windzorns and Waffe der Flammenzunge no longer require you to click the button, then click a weapon on your character sheet. They automatically apply their effects to an appropriate equipped weapon.
- Blitzschlagschild now has a 50% chance to grant you a stack of Waffe des Mahlstroms when it deals damage to an enemy.
- Flammenschock and Frostschock have their cooldowns shortened with your current Haste.
- Felsfaust (talent) has been redesigned and renamed to Peitschende Flammen (Passive). Lavapeitsche now increases the damage of your Flame Shock on the target by 100% for 12 sec.
- Erdrutsch (talent) has been redesigned and renamed to Stormfury (Passive). Each time Waffe des Windzorns activates, the cooldown of Sturmschlag is reduced by 1 sec.
- Hailstorm (talent) renamed to Cycle of the Elements.
- Brandattacke (talent) redesigned and renamed to Hailstorm (Passive). Each Stack of Maelstrom Weapon consumed increases the damage of your next Frostschock by 50%, and causes your next Frost Shock to hit 1 additional target per stack of Waffe des Mahlstroms consumed. Maximum 5 stacks.
- Überladen (talent) redesigned and renamed to . 15 sec cooldown. Cause all of your Flammenschocks to erupt in flames, dealing Fire Damage to up to 6 targets near your Flame Shock Targets.
The above changes to Enhancement Shaman are a lot to take in, but we feel that the combined list of changes will make your abilities feel like they have a purpose and interact with your toolkit in meaningful ways instead of just dealing damage.