in Eurem Browser.
Fanbyte Weekly News Picks - Outriders Success, Build-A-Bear Animal Crossing Oops
13.04.2021 um 01:18
Welcome back to another news roundup by
: Wowhead sister site and Palm Pre historical archive (I guess). Specifically speaking, this edition is brought to you by Fanbyte News Editor Imran Khan, who also wrote most of the stories featured here. Luckily it’s mostly good news this week. Or at the very least confusing in a completely non-threatening way. Apparently a bunch of people worked themselves into creating a conspiracy theory that Hideo Kojima was making a strange, new horror game for PlayStation. Learn all about that and more in this week’s Fanbyte news!
Outriders Triples the Marvel’s Avengers Peak Steam Player Count at Launch
- Outriders, the People Can Fly shooter released just last week, seems to be massively outpacing Square Enix's other live games in terms of active players, even launch-aligned. This is especially surprising since the game is on Game Pass on Xbox One, so it costs full price everywhere else.
Fantasian, the New RPG From the Creator of Final Fantasy, Drops on Apple Arcade
- The new Apple Arcade JRPG Fantasian released this past week alongside creator Hironobu Sakaguchi stating it might be his last game. You can listen to the 99 Potions crew talk all about the game here.
Castlevania Dreamcast Prototype Discovered
- Preservationists have discovered a playable prototype for Castlevania Resurrection, a canceled Dreamcast game from 1999. The prototype is the first public viewing of the game, as an E3 showing before the Dreamcast's death was only shown to press behind closed doors.
E3 Returns in 2021 as Yet Another Digital Video Game Announcement Stream
- Speaking of E3, the show is back once in 2021 as a digital showcase. Nintendo, Microsoft, Capcom, Ubisoft and plenty of others have already signed on to participate, though it's not entirely clear what participation really means yet.
Bioware Breaks Down Gameplay Changes Made to the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
- Mass Effect is undergoing a host of changes for the upcoming Legendary Edition remaster, including big shifts to combat, balancing, and the much-maligned Mako tank. The compilation of remastered and rejiggered Mass Effect titles releases in just a few weeks on May 14.
Somehow, the Build-A-Bear Animal Crossing Release was a Disaster
- Build-a-Bear's rollout of their Animal Crossing collaboration ran into a snag when some customers waited up to six hours in a virtual queue only to be kicked out right at the end. The retailer confirmed to Fanbyte that a security glitch let people skip the line, pushing out those who were waiting.
Pac-Man 99 Brings a Battle Royale Take on the Original Game to Nintendo Switch Online Users
- Nintendo and Bandai-Namco announced and released Pac-Man 99 this week. The game is in the same template as Tetris 99 and Super Mario. 35, but has players navigate Pac-Man maps while eating ghosts and sending them to opponents' mazes.
New Horror Title Abandoned Coming to PlayStation 5
- Sony revealed a new horror title this week for PlayStation 5, but Abandoned is less interesting for what it is than what people thought it might be. Rumors quickly started stirring about the game being a front for Hideo Kojima's next game, to the point where developer Blue Box Games had to publicly disclaim any involvement with any kind of Kojima ARG.
Deathloop Delayed Once More into September
- Once intended for the PlayStation 5 launch, Deathloop shifts its release date into the late Summer just a few weeks away from its already delayed release. Arkane vaguely alludes to the global pandemic as the primary reason for the delay.
New Report Paints Sony As Risk-Averse and Stifling Developers for the Hits
- A Bloomberg report indicates that Sony focusing entirely on large, event-like titles for its library rather than anything smaller and experimental. The report also mentions that a remake of 2013's The Last of Us has been bouncing around Sony Worldwide Studios and is now being worked on at Naughty Dog.
As always, you can read all these articles and many, many more at
Wowhead Premium bekommen
1$ pro Monat
könnt ihr eine werbefreie Seite genießen, Premium-Features freischalten und die Seite unterstützen!
Zeige 0 Kommentare
Verstecke 0 Kommentare
Anmelden um Kommentar zu erstellen
Ihr seid nicht angemeldet. Bitte
meldet Euch an
, um einen Kommentar einzusenden.
« Nächster Post
Vorheriger Post »
Mit Wowhead verbinden
Braucht Ihr Hilfe?
Was gibt's Neues?
Andere Fanbyte Seiten
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte