in Eurem Browser.
BlizzCon 2018 Liveblog - Blizzard Gear Panel
02.11.2018 um 13:53
BlizzCon 2018 is here, and the Blizzard Gear team and creators are giving us an in-depth look at the past, present, and future of Blizzard Products, with insights on how our favorite products are made. Join us while we liveblog the discussion, reveals, and discover what's in store for 2019.
BlizzCon 2018 Contest
Every comment you leave on any BlizzCon 2018 post is entering you to win prizes like a
. As long as you don't spam, each comment only increases your chances to win by giving you another entry.
Read more here
--we have several awesome prizes to give out all week.
Watching the convention from home? Check out
to discuss BlizzCon and get the
for all BlizzCon 2018 news alerts!
Check out all our coverage for the first day of BlizzCon 2018!
Battle for Azeroth
New Charity Battle Pet Whomper - Proceeds to Code.org
New Battle for Azeroth Cinematic - Lost Honor
Tides of Vengeance Key Art and Press Kit Screenshots
Voices of War: Horde vs Alliance
Kul Tiran Allied Race Available Classes and Racial Abilities
Zandalari Trolls Can Be Paladins - Available Classes and Racial Ability Effects
World of Warcraft: What's Next Panel
Battle for Azeroth Cinematics: Expanding the Narrative
Tides of Vengeance is Being Released on December 11
New Worgen and Goblin Models Coming in a Future Patch
What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 8.1.5
Sylvanas and Xal'atath in Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara
What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 8.2 - Rise of Azshara
New Heritage Armor For Gnomes and Tauren Coming in Patch 8.2 - Rise of Azshara
World of Warcraft: Classic
Classic WoW Info - Subscription Details, Summer 2019 Release Window
Classic WoW Demo Now Playable
Warcraft III: Reforged
Warcraft III: Reforged - What We Know - Pricing, Spoils of War Edition, and More
Warcraft 3: Reforged What's Next Panel Liveblog
Opening Ceremony - All the Announcements Including Warcraft III Remastered and Diablo Immortal
Blizzard Gear Panel
Diablo Immortal: What's Next Panel
Hearthstone Rastakhan's Rumble Expansion: What's Next Panel
Destiny 2 Now Free on Battle.net
BlizzCon 2018 Community Night Cosplay Gallery
- For every product in the gear store, there are 5 to 10 ideas that never make it; like Santa's workshop,
- Understanding the needs of the community
- Talking to folks and understanding their passion is part of their research.
- The BlizzCon Darkmoon Faire was initiated by the Product team, with collectibles like pins becoming increasingly popular due to increased trading, rarity, and new releases with each passing year, and the team is looking to bring even more and better experiences in the future.
- There are many iterations of products,
- Cute But Deadly is one of the favored , inspired by cute artwork done by Customer Service reps.
- A previous influencer unboxing of the BlizzCon 2016 goodiebag joked about a Hawaiian shirt, so the team made it happen! Hiding images inside the design as an homage to the influence of the community.
- Unique products are some of the team's favorites, such as the magnetically levitating Snowball, the Genji Sword.
Blizzard isn't slowing down, and neither is cosumer products, making deals with brand name companies such as Lego and Hasbro creates exciting, new opportunities.
- The team would like to make dog toys, hopefully in the near future! Because dogs are great, and the Blizzard Campus is very pet friendly.
Q&A with Mandie Roman, Blizzard Lead Product Design Mark Mejia, and Blizzard Brand Manager Chris Seamico
- The Blizzard Brand Team of 40+ with diverse backgrounds including all sorts of craftsman and other disciplines.
- Uniqlo is a top tier fashion industry brand, based out of Japan, worked with other top gaming brands such as Nintendo. Working with them takes Blizzard's characters and aesthetics, and transforms them into new versions they may never have seen or thought of before, enhancing their world and transforming their characters into something that can be worn every day.
- The gear created for the Blizzard gear store is different from gear created by partners such as Uniqlo allows them to create designs which better suit people in different parts of the world, as fashion can differ between the U.S. and Japan.
- Visiting the Uniqlo headquarters in Japan, as soon as they saw the Blizzard designs, the group became so excited, they immediately began brainstorming, coming up with 80% of the design line in the first few hours.
- Design wise, empasis was put on strong imagry and assets which would work across all the different brands.
- Another Uniqlo spring/summer line (which may include everyone's favorite genetically engineered hamster, or famous orange birds from World of Warcraft), coming next year.
Special Guest: Ashley Eckstein - Founder, Her Universe
- Her universe was dreamed up in 2008, because she wanted (at the time) Star Wars clothes made for her, a woman, not just men. Knowing that 45% of Sci-fi/fantasy fans are women, and 85% of all consumer purchases are made by women, that didn't sit well! In June 2010, Her Universe was launched, initally known for Star Wars, Dr. Who, Marvel, and other popular brands, but it's been a dream since the beginning to get into gaming.
- Working with Her Universe helped elevate Blizzard's offering for everyone, with all new lines for women.
- Similar to Uniqlo, the Blizzard and Her Universe team immediately meshed together; many of the Her Universe team are dedicated gamers!
- The amount of original fashion at San Diego ComiCon inspired the creation of an actual fashion show runway, a "geek couture". Designers are picked to compete for the prize to create a Her Universe collection to be sold at Hot Topic with only one rule - the designs should be inspired by ComiCon. This year was full of Overwatch designs!
- Not knowing what to expect, was a mindboggling experience - seeing Blizzard games and characters that the Blizzard team loves taken into a new medium adds a new element to the community.
- New World of Warcraft collection from Her Universe, representing Horde and Alliance with t-shirt dresses, pullovers, fashion tops, and the symbol driven with "subtle geekery"; raw edge for the Horde, and embroidered edges for the Alliance, slightly differentiating and inspired by their themes. It's available now, at BlizzCon and online.
- Her Universe is also doing an Overwatch Collection, primarly featuring Reaper and Mercy. It will come to BoxLunch at the end of November, and Hot Topic in mid December.
- This community and world is for everyone, and in that spirit, Her Universe is also creating fashion for guys in the Overwatch Collection, under the new label Our Universe.
- New Funko Pop figure - Cultist Zenyatta.
- Announcement products are a lot of fun for the Blizzard Brand team, such as announcing a new Funko Pop for the brand new Overwatch hero Ashe.
- The Deadlock Rebels should also be celebrated, and will be with a new satchel-type bag.
- Nerf Design Manager Jae Yoo showcased MicroShots - miniaturized handheld nerf blasters, with an Overwatch line including Tracer, Torbjorn, and D.Va. Another line from Nerf, Rival, is made up of high performance blasters, shooting small cushy foam balls; it's new Overwatch line includes Reaper and D.Va. Attention to detail was key, and the Reaper Blaster comes with a Reaper face mask! McCree will be next in the line. Pre-orders already available, releasing in 2019.
- Hasbro Action Figure Product Desinger Vanessa Fung shared a new line of 6 inch scale action figures: Overwatch Ultimate. Playing the games while designing is an important part of capturing what the characters look like, how they act, and their backstories. The Mercy figure prototype is highly detailed and carefully constructed to capture her personality, is posable, and comes with all of her in game accessories. The full line will launch Spring 2019, and Mercy is part of a two-pack with a mystery character. The Mercy prototype can be seen on the BlizzCon show floor this weekend!
- LEGO Designer Woon Tze Chee is part of a passionate team dedicated to the Overwatch line. Models are first made out of clay to maximize detail, before being downscaled into an actual LEGO model. A giant scale LEGO D.Va and mech model was constructed weighing 1,256 pounds, made of 145,276 LEGO bricks, over 731 hours, and can be seen on the BlizzCon show floor.
- A new line of LEGO characters including Tracers Windowmaker, Hanzo, Genji, McCree, Reaper, Soldier: 76, D.Va, Reinhardt (with armor), Bastion, Mercy, Pharah, Winston, and set locations such as Watchpoint Gibraltar.
Wowhead Premium bekommen
1$ pro Monat
könnt ihr eine werbefreie Seite genießen, Premium-Features freischalten und die Seite unterstützen!
Zeige 0 Kommentare
Verstecke 0 Kommentare
Anmelden um Kommentar zu erstellen
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Ihr seid nicht angemeldet. Bitte
meldet Euch an
, um einen Kommentar einzusenden.