Hello Mages. In this week's build, we've made many changes to Arcane as well as a few updates to the other specs to address recent concerns about talents and GCD usage.General Mage Changes
Rune der Kraft
- Spiegelbild damage greatly reduced, Frostblitz added to all Spiegelbild, and while your images are active, damage taken is reduced by 20%. Spiegelbild direct damage will cause one of your images to dissipate.
Developers' notes: The goal is to push Spiegelbild away from a DPS cooldown and give it a defensive component. Now, only taking direct damage will cause an image to dissipate and there is an ICD of 2 seconds to ensure at least a 6 second uptime when taking damage.
has been reworked to cast at your location when you use one of either Einäschern
, Arkane Macht
, or Eisige Adern
, depending on your spec.
- Developers' notes: This change is aimed to help with the cast time and GCD utilization at the beginning of an encounter, while remaining viable in your opener as a high burst window.
The following Arcane changes are focused on reducing ramp up time, as well as opening up more talent options based on the content you're running.
- Arkane Macht cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Berührung der Magi now generates 4 Arcane Charges on cast.
- New Talent: Meister der Zeit – Reduces the cooldown of Alter Time by 30 seconds. Alter Time resets the cooldown of Blinzeln when you return to your original location.
- Alter Time has been moved to Level 24 for Arcane mages.
- Resonanz damage per target hit with Arkanbeschuss increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Aufgeladen removed.
Developers' notes: Berührung der Magi will now generate 4 charges baseline. This opens up the Level 35 tier for more viable options that focus heavily on dealing AoE damage.
New Level 35 Talent: Arkanes Echo
– Direct damage you deal to enemies affected by Berührung der Magi
, causes an explosion that deals Arcane damage to 8 nearby enemies. Zeitanomalie
now grants Zeitkrümmung
for 6 seconds.
- Developers' notes: A simple change, but this should make Zeitanomalie feel more satisfying as a talent since gaining Zeitkrümmung is always a good thing, but gaining Arcane Charges isn't something you'd always necessarily want.
Fire updates are centered around the change that saw Phönixflammen
baseline as the Entzünden
- Phönixflammen damage increased and recharge time reduced, but no longer guarantees critical hits.
Developers' notes: Phönixflammen still interacts with Kampfeshitze, so it can benefit within the Einäschern window, but outside of that, it will primarily function as a way to spread your Entzünden.
now also gains a 50% increased critical strike damage bonus.
New talent: Aus der Asche
– Increases Mastery by 2% for each charge of Phoenix Flames off cooldown, and your direct-damage critical strikes reduce its cooldown by 1 second.